Thursday 15 August 2013

Day 70.

We got Willow all rugged up tonight and took her out to a new pizzeria and vino bar, Blunderbuss for Freya's birthday.
We get quite a few lectures about having routines and everything, but I find it really hard to apply myself to that kind of lifestyle. We are just so not those kinds of people, and I feel like it's best to not make things hard for ourselves by trying to force ourselves to parent in a way that is unnatural to us.
I remember Samara's dad gave me this awesome advice when he found out i was pregnant, he said "fit the baby into your life, not your life around the baby". It's pretty simple, but I think so few people do it ! They went camping with Samara when she was 3 weeks old and travelled the world with her as she was growing up. I think it's such an awesome method of parenting.
So we still go out all the time, we take Willow to bustling restaurants and dinners, and she always just handles it so well. She gets lots of cuddles from absolutely everyone, and always ends up just falling asleep in our arms.
I'm not oblivious to babies getting over stimulated, we are definitely cautious of that, but we also just try not to get too worked up about it.
And to be honest, I still haven't experienced those evening witching hours that everybody talks about. The impossible to settle, sleepless nights.
Willow sleeps the whole night through, every single night.
I'm not putting this down to my mothering skills, I am absolutely sure it has very little to do with me, and a whole lot to do with being blessed with a very laid back baby.
But in our case, it has really worked out to surround ourselves with a lot of people.
That saying, it takes a village to raise a child, holds so true for me.
I have seen quite a few women who are struggling with baby blues, or maybe even post natal depression, and I think a lot of it comes down to being isolated in their houses all day, spending little time with their family and friends.
We are so blessed to have Little & Friday, my family business where Chris and I both work.
We go there most days, even just to hang out and see all the staff, who are like a family to me. They all dote over Willow and take her off my hands, Giving her lots of attention and me a really nice rest to have a coffee and a chat. My brother, my mother, my boyfriend, and all my best friends are there, and I think it's because of this that I feel so supported, and like this whole thing is kind of easy peasy.
Enough babbling, here are some photos x






Bitches be pingin'

No comments:

Post a Comment